Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The idea of fractal architecture

A few month ago a stubled across fractals. The topic fascinated me instantly, even though it is hard to understand as a non-mathematician. But once you get a hold of it you see the world from a complete new perspective.

I started to see fractals in nature and discovered the mandelbrot fractal. Eventually i asked myself what the applications in the real world for fractals are. There are fractal antenna, fractal compression and lots of visual computer graphics stuff.
Trying to think of something on my own, come up with a new idea for using fractals seemed rather difficult. I forgot the topic for some weeks and then it stroke me like lightning.

How about fractal architecture?
Architecture that uses fractals for better usability, magnificent and unique design.

My first ideas are somthing like sierpinski pyramide and menger sponge shaped houses. But i hope i can think of more revolutionary ideas.
In this blog i will post my concepts.
Please feel free to contribute, critic and comment.

If you are a fractal beginner i recommend www.fractal-explorer.com. Its a great site to get to know fractals.

No comments:

Post a Comment